Welcome to Anchorage STrEaM Academy! I am proud to be the first principal of our school, and honored to serve our students, staff and families. At STrEaM Academy, we are focused on the "STEM" fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, while adding the important elements of research and the arts. STrEaM delivers Project-based learning, outdoor experiential education, and a positive, engaging culture where middle schoolers thrive. We offer small class sizes, hands-on learning and we get outside every day.
Anchorage STrEaM Academy empowers students to be involved learners, critical thinkers and engagd citizens who are inspired by the natural world.
Our Core Values
Anchorage STrEaM Academy
- Provides a quality prject-based interdisciplinary education based on STEM initiatives;
- Promotes ecological literacy and stewardship in our students;
- Connects and engages our community of stakeholders;
- Fosters place-based education and awareness;
- Develps an appreciation for experiencing the outdoors and facilitate outdoor education;
- Incorporates purposeful use of technology.
Our Purpose of the Program
Anchorage STrEaM Academy will support students in developing the skills necessary to meet or exced national, state and local standards.
Anchorage STrEaM Academy students will become positive contributing members of society who:
have experience partnering with the local community;
have built a strong foundation for career readiness;
understand the strengths and limitations of technology;
realize that learning continues outside the classroom;
are defining their role in creating a more sustainable future;
recognize the interconnectedness and relevance of all disciplines.