I am very pleased to have been selected as the first principal of Anchorage STrEaM Academy. Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions or concerns. Parent involvement is very important for the education and life long learning of students. Here are a few things you will be interested to know!
Anchorage STrEaM Academy empowers students to be involved learners, critical thinkers and engagd citizens who are inspired by the natural world.
Our Core Values
Anchorage STrEaM Academy
- Provides a quality prject-based interdisciplinary education based on STEM initiatives;
- Promotes ecological literacy and stewardship in our students;
- Connects and engages our community of stakeholders;
- Fosters place-based education and awareness;
- Develps an appreciation for experiencing the outdoors and facilitate outdoor education;
- Incorporates purposeful use of technology.
Our Purpose of the Program
Anchorage STrEaM Academy will support students in developing the skills necessary to meet or exced national, state and local standards.
Anchorage STrEaM Academy students will become positive contributing members of society who:
have experience partnering with the local community;
have built a strong foundation for career readiness;
understand the strengths and limitations of technology;
realize that learning continues outside the classroom;
are defining their role in creating a more sustainable future;
recognize the interconnectedness and relevance of all disciplines.
School Mascot and Colors:
As you know, our students selected a mascot! We are the STrEaM Academy RAPIDS! Our advisory leader board finalized their selection for school colors: Forrest Green, Ocean Blue and White. They will be working with the advisory groups they represent to get feedback before bringing this to the APC.